Monday, April 30, 2007

Interpol at the Joint

My ears were still ringing from Tool when I went to see Interpol at the Joint. I almost got kicked out of the show after taking three pictures on my camera. No photos tonight. My mood was depressed but it made it a perfect environment for an Interpol show. The new Interpol album "Our Love to Admire" is due 7/10/07 and is another highly anticipated release for this year.

Tool did not have an opening band on Friday night which didn't bother me that much. When I found out Interpol had a DJ opening for them, I made it a point to show up when Interpol was due to hit the stage. Paul Banks (Vocals/Guitars) approached the microphone with a Fender Jazzmaster and I suddenly thought that Interpol was going to get shoegazer on me. I was wrong as he launched into the icy notes of "Pioneer To the Falls". I was extremely impressed how well Interpol performed considering that they just started their tour. Carlos D (Bass) was practicing his militant stomp across the stage as Sam Fogarino (Guitars) was very business like in his suit and tie which matched his guitar riffs. Paul did return to his trademark Les Paul Custom guitar but did deviate to a sweet Flying V which he used on the "Take You On A Cruise". Both Sam and Paul used E-Bows on the intro. "Stella was a Diver" was excellent as the whole pit in front of the stage moshed around. The concert seemed to have went by in seconds when they closed with "PDA". Hopefully I can acquire a ticket to some radio station festival show which features Interpol in a few weeks.


Interpol Setlist from The Joint in Vegas:

Pioneer To The Falls
Obstacle 1
NARC
Say Hello To The Angels
Mammoth
Slow Hands
Leif Erikson
The Heinrich Manuever
Evil
Not Even Jail
Take You On A Cruise
Stella Was A Diver...
PDA

No comments: