Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Nine Inch Nails and Ladytron at the Birmingham Academy











After partying in Nottingham all night, I boarded the train to Birmingham. I arrived at the venue early and was told to put my camera and cell phone in a paper bag as a “social event” was going to take place for the Nine Inch Nails fan club. The surprise event was a listening party for the new Nine Inch Nails album that won’t be released until April. As a long time fan, I was blown away by the 1 hour and 15 minute disc. Trent had described the album as being noisy and I would have to agree. I took notes about the album and may post it later if I get a chance but I will go on record now and say that “Capital G” and “The Great Destroyer” will be Nine Inch Nails favorites. Along with the listening party, pizza and drinks were provided which was a bonus as well as being inside the venue instead of being outside in the 10 degrees celsius weather. The Birmingham Academy is about as big as the House of Blues in Los Angeles and was packed when Ladytron started their set. I can’t say enough about Ladytron, just get their cds and you won’t be disappointed. Nine Inch Nails proceeded to play a blistering set that will go down as one of my more memorable shows. I was blown away by the double barrel shotgun blast of “Last” and “Heresy”. Two of the heavier songs in the Nine Inch Nails catalog. Aaron North also debuted a mounted Korg Kaoss pad which he used to add color to his feedback. Best show and setlist yet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I can't wait to read the detailed review of the show. It did sound like an incredible show! -Mel

Anonymous said...

Can you get any closer to the stage? I think not. How did you score those seats?