Sunday, March 18, 2007

NIne Inch Nails and Ladytron at the Brixton Academy







After the cancellation of night 2 at Birmingham, I was more then prepared for night #1 of Nine Inch Nails at the Brixton Academy. The Brixton Academy is about the size of the Wiltern Theatre in Los Angeles. In case you haven't been following all the marketing by nine inch nails, they have been placing USB keys at concerts containing new songs from the upcoming album. I missed out on a USB key that was taped to a flyer right next to me. Luckily my brother in arms obtained a USB key that contained the new Nine Inch Nails video for “Survivalism”. Ladytron appeared on stage like clock work at 8:00 and opened with the usual “High Rise”. Ladytron has definitely hit their stride and have been received very well by the Nine Inch Nails fans. It always seems like Ladytron’s set is finished before it even starts as they only have 30 minutes to cram in as many songs as possible. I was fortunate enough to get a setlist for Ladytron. “Somewhat Damaged” was the opening song for another destructive setlist by Nine Inch Nails. It turns out that it was a similar setlist to night#1 at Birmingham. I can’t complain as it is my #1 setlist that the band plays. I was getting crushed on the rail as “Last”, “Heresy” and “Ruiner” had the pit swarming behind me. During “Piggy”, Trent jumped down into the crowd a few people from me and shined the light in their face as the fans screamed the lyrics. A very high energy perfomance that had the crowd buzzing long after the closing feedback squalls of "Head Like A Hole".

No comments: