Sunday, March 18, 2007

Machinehead and Trivium at the Grove of Anaheim




On the night before my departure to London, I decided to catch a concert instead of pack. I couldn't resist the metal barrage of Trivium and Machinehead. Machinehead came on to deliver a bludgeoning set of old school thrash/groove metal. The crowd was extremely enthuiastic for Machinehead as it has been years since they played the L.A./O.C. area. Machinehead also debuted some new songs off of their new album The Blackening which comes out on 3/27. They will also be touring with Megadeth on the "Heaven and Hell" tour this April. Rob Flynn(Lead Vocals/guitar) was stomping around stage with his BC Rich guitar and imploring the crowd to have a few beers with him. As excited as the crowd was for Machinehead, the crowd went nuts for Trivium. Trivium sounds like Metallica circa the Master of Puppets era which is a very high compliment. Matt Heafy (Lead Vocals/Guitar) was amazing on guitar and slaying the crowd with his razor sharp riffs. The song "A Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation" was a guitar lesson in thrash metal. I think the top picture explains how good this concert was. I left before Lamb of God because I figured I should pack and actually go on "vacation".

No comments: