Thursday, March 22, 2007

Nine Inch Nails and Ladytron at the Brixton Academy Night 4






I didn't plan on going to this show. Due to unforeseen circumstances though, I was able to attend this concert. Since it was a last minute decision, I had a balcony seat. For those who are following the viral marketing of the new Nine Inch Nails album, I managed to grab an "Art Is Resistance" flyer that was taped to the balcony railing. It was interesting watching the show from above versus being on the rail. The sound was mixed to perfection. One could also see the bands play keyboard from my perch which was enlightening. Ladytron was up and played the usual stellar set. Apparently the night before, Alessandro Cortini came out to add some extra synth flavor to "Destroy Everything You Touch" but no such luck for me tonight. I also missed "The Becoming" from Nine Inch Nails which happens to be one of my favorite songs. I did manage to take a fair amount of video from the show and have "The Fragile"" video as an expensive souvenir for the memory of attending the show. Nine Inch Nails gave another scintillating performance as always. Aaron North jumped into the crowd during "Down In It" which surprised some audience members since he usually jumps during "March of the Pigs" or "Head Like A Hole". I also was able to see Aaron North's $1200 Fulltone Tube Tape Echo machine which made me green with envy. Overall, a great show to end my Nine Inch Nails vacation that was one for the memory books. Cheers to all the friends I met on the way!

No comments: