Monday, October 23, 2006

Ladytron and CSS at the Belly Up






Luckily I had the day off to go for round 2 of Ladytron and CSS. I stopped off at Lou's Records up the road from the Belly Up and picked up Mew's CD Frengers which I haven't been able to find and the super cool Kraftwerk Box Set. Then I drove down to the Belly Up and scored a sweet parking spot. The ticket was $10 cheaper and the parking was free so things were already looking good. I had never been to the Belly Up before but it similar to the size of the Echo. I was surprised they were playing such a small place versus the 1500 capacity John Anson the night before. CSS came out and rocked the crowd as usual. Lovefoxxx made it into the crowd to get the people into party mode. Ladytron then followed up with a spectacular set. I was also fortunate to get a setlist to share with everyone. Even though they didn't change the setlist, you couldn't ask for a better set. It will be interesting to see what will be in store for Pomona and then the Halloween Party.

No comments: