Tuesday, October 10, 2006

7 concerts in 7 nights

Monday: The Stills at Henry Fonda. Great Show. Tim needs to sing "Love and Death" by himself. A lot tighter then their earlier Troubadour show. Show was underattended due to Band of Horses at the Avalon and Yeah Yeah Yeahs at the Palladium that night.

Tuesday: Killers at Jimmy Kimmel. Soundcheck includes "When You Were Young", "Mr. Brightside", and "Sam's Town". Live taping includes "When You Were Young", "Somebody Told Me", "Sam's Town", "Read My Mind", and "Bones". Walked down to Cinespace to see Jet DJ and check out Bloodcat Love. Myles and company have all the hipsters shaking by the end of the set.

Wednesday: Jet at the House of Blues in Anaheim with Bloodcat Love. Bloodcat Love destroys the crowd and I hear chants of encore!!! They will be signed soon. Jet rocks as usual.

Thursday: Asobi Sesku and Darker My Love at the Detroit Bar. Darker My Love rules and Jarrod shreds with the Z.Vex Fuzz Factory pedal. Asobi Sesku blows my mind. Just buy both albums and you won't regret it.

Friday/Saturday: The Killers at the Wiltern with Immigrant. Immigrant was forgettable. The Killers were phenomenal. The new album was meant to be played live. Highlights include "Read my mind", "Bones", "Bling". I refuse to jump on the Killers hater bandwagon. Just see the show live and then tell me how you like the album.

Sunday: Album Leaf/Grand Ole Party at the Troubadour. Grand Ole Party is a white stripes mixed with an exact replica of Karen O(Vocally) killing it on drums. She had me sold once she rocked the vocal headset!!! Run into 30 Paparazzi and snap some photos of Paris/Nicole "reunion" in front of Dan Tana's next door. Welcome to Hollyweird!

No comments: