Saturday, October 27, 2007

Gwen Stefani at the Pearl Theatre

I figured I would rest in Las Vegas on Friday prior to Vegoose. All of this changed when I saw Gwen Stefani was playing the Pearl Theatre at the Palms. I have been a No Doubt fan for many years. I remember seeing them in a warehouse in Orange in 1995 prior to the release of "Tragic Kingdom". I also have an original copy of "The Beacon Street Collection" that they self released.

Gwen Stefani is wrapping up her "Sweet Escape" tour with a few chances left to catch this elaborate show. Sirens blared over the soundsystem as Gwen's dancers were clad in robbers outfits and police uniforms as they crept across the stage. A giant illuminated "G" lit up the stage and the crowd started to buzz. When Gwen appeared on the stage, the crowd erupted. Gwen sounded just as dynamic as I remembered and easily worked the stage as she smoothly delivered "The Sweet Escape". Gwen changed into a cape that was adorned with her trademark "G" patterned across the silky fabric. "Rich Girl" was another showcase for Gwen's sticky sweet vocals. I was impressed how much she was running across the stage and still hitting every note. "Yummy" had another costume change as Gwen worked the audience. She played a set that covered both of her solo albums extensively. It is difficult to decide whether I want Gwen to tour more or have her make a new No Doubt album.

Gwen Stefani setlist for the Pearl Theatre (10/26/07)
"The Sweet Escape"
"Rich Girl"
"4 In The Morning"
"Early Winter"
"Wind It Up"
"Danger Zone"
"Hollaback Girl"
"Wonderful Life"
"Now That You Got It"
"Orange County Girl"
"Real Thing(Acoustic)"
"What You Waiting For"

1 comment:

HyperNovember said...

I love no doubt !
great blog :D