Sunday, November 19, 2006

Silversun Pickups at the Orange County Museum of Art






I was happy to pay six dollars to see the Silversun Pickups in San Diego. I was even happier to pay nothing and see a full set sans encore at the Orange County Museum of Art all of ten minutes from my house. I arrived early to beat traffic and secure a decent spot. The merchandise was a little pricier in Orange County ie. (Zipped hoodie was $30 in San Diego $40 in OC). But that is excusable as it was a free show. They played the same setlist as in San Diego but without the two song encore which was omitted due to time limit restrictions but rocked just as hard if not harder. There were no opening bands and they hit the stage at 8:15 and wrapped up around 9:30. I recorded "Lazy eye" which was a great performance especially since Brian was rocking out near the crowd. They will now embark as the openers for the Wolfmother show which should be a great tour for them. I will give you a full report from the Vegas show. Silversun Pickups will also play two nights at the Troubadour in December which will sell out quickly and I recommend you get your tickets now. The mind boggling move they made was opening for Snow Patrol, and OK GO in January. I like Snow Patrol but I think the Wolfmother tour was a better idea. It will be interesting to see how well they fare.

No comments: